Autumn has arrived and Marathon Week in the city has officially kicked off!
CHRC started the week with some fabulous performances by #CHRCWomen at the Poland Spring Marathon Kick-Off 5Miler on Sunday. Despite the drizzle, all participants found their stride and came across the finish line, smiling!
The 45th Annual TCS NYC Marathon is only 1 week away!
Here are some ways you can be a part of it:
- NEW this year, NYRR has built a Pavillion at the marathon finish line that is open to everyone all week from 7:00am-9:00pm (except Friday when it will close at 3:00pm). It’ll serve as an entertainment hub and welcome center for this incredible race! Check out the events that will be happening here.
- Pick up your race materials, do some shopping, ask your last-minute questions, check out the NYRR Running Lab at the NYC Marathon Expo – Thursday through Saturday.
- Participate in free runs, talks, book signings by your running heroes, running film screenings around the city and across the five boroughs on this comprehensive list compiled by runningandthecity
- Cross that marathon finish line on Saturday by participating in the NYRR Dash to the Finish Line 5K. There’s still some space left in this sign up for this high-speed preview! #DashtotheFinish
- Not racing and not sure what you’re doing on race morning? CHRC has a great group heading to Mile 8 of the marathon in Brooklyn to volunteer! Sign-ups happened a few months ago but if you are able and interested, there may be some spots open for you. Please contact us at email@example.com and address your questions to Brooke (AKA Marathon Water Wench)!
On Sunday November 1st, after the marathon and volunteering is over, our Royal Council and members are hosting a cozy celebratory Potluck in Crown Heights! Bring a little something and hang out with us as we close out Marathon Week and the end of our summer and fall season!