We are pleased to share our revised group run schedule in effect through November 7, 2021. We continue to listen to member input and feedback, and we are confident these changes will continue to build on the success of our group runs during COVID-19.
Please also see below for updated information on self-organized runs. (aligned with our group runs)
Our new group run schedule is:
• Monday Shakeout @ 6:30am: All paces loop of Prospect Park. Meet at the Parkside entrance to Prospect Park, or at 6:45am on the grassy triangle just inside the park at Grand Army Plaza
• Tuesday Team Trot @ 7pm: All paces loop of Prospect Park. Meet at the Grand Army Plaza entrance to Prospect Park
• Thursday Run/Walk @ 7pm: All paces loop of the park doing run/walk intervals (currently 4 min run:2 min walk). Meet at Grand Army Plaza entrance to Prospect Park
• Friday Five @ 6:30am: All paces loop of Prospect Park. Meet at the north corner of Franklin Ave & Eastern Parkway
• Saturday Long Run @ 7am: All paces long run. The distance is gradually increasing as we approach fall marathons, but all routes have the option cut out at a shorter distance and subway home. Meet at the north corner of Franklin Ave & Eastern Parkway
We are asking everyone who joins a group run to commit to the following guidelines in order to run safely during COVID-19:
1) Run leaders will share information in advance of their group run on both our Facebook group page and on our Slack channel. This will include the meet-up location, pace, distance, and any other important information.
2) Vaccinated and unvaccinated members are welcome to join us for group runs. Masks are optional. However, your safety and wellbeing remain our top priority – all group participants will be asked to add their name and contact information to our google form at the beginning of every run. (run leaders will help you with this if you do not run with your phone)
3) Maintain social distancing before, during, and after the run. Refrain from spitting or snot-rocketing, giving high-gives, or sharing your water bottle.
If you would like to self-organize a run, please follow the steps and guidelines as outlined above for our organized group runs. Most importantly: please use this google form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfXXWA4Ehs5bRUfPd_cpjE6HfiewBuzDB7G4ufEKQOOpZWpKA/viewform) to track all the participants, including yourself.
A final word:
It has been an eventful year, and we are so thankful for our CHRC community and for all of you!
Please keep the feedback and input coming our way.